Last updated December 30, 2020
Welcome to Emerge Next Leaders / Teen Innovation Summit!
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our Services as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events, whether live, online, or otherwise. Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
- HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
In Short: We use information you provide to help provide you the best possible service, as allowable by law.
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, register for any services, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To process transactions;
- To send periodic emails regarding orders or other products and services;
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries);
- Verifying identity;
- Confirming location;
- Administering accounts;
- Fulfilling requests;
- Processing payments;
- Communicating by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing you with information about EMERGE NEXT LEADERS / TEEN INNOVATION SUMMIT, our Providers and/or their businesses, products and services by letter, email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Providing customer support;
- Providing information about third-party businesses, products and services by email, text, telephone or other forms of communication;
- Developing, testing or improving the Services and content, features and/or products or services offered via the Services;
- Identifying or creating new products, services, marketing and/or promotions for EMERGE NEXT LEADERS / TEEN INNOVATION SUMMIT or the Services;
- Promoting and marketing EMERGE NEXT LEADERS / TEEN INNOVATION SUMMIT, the Services, and the products and/or services offered via the Services;
- Improving user experiences with the Services;
- Analyzing traffic to and through Services;
- Analyzing user behavior and activity on or through the Services;
- Engage in internal research to understand the effectiveness of our Services, improve our Services, and better understand our user base. If we publish or provide the results of this research to others, such research will be presented in a de-identified and aggregate form such that individual users cannot be identified;
- Monitoring the activities of you and others on or through the Services;
- Placing and tracking orders for products or services on your behalf;
- Protecting or enforcing EMERGE NEXT LEADERS / TEEN INNOVATION SUMMIT’s rights and properties;
- Protecting or enforcing the rights and properties of others (which may include you);
- When required by applicable law, court order or other governmental authority (including, without limitation and by way of example only, in response to a subpoena or other legal process); or
- We believe in good faith that such use is otherwise necessary or advisable (including, without limitation and by way of example only, to investigate, prevent, or take legal action against someone who may be causing injury to, interfering with, or threatening the rights, obligations or properties of EMERGE NEXT LEADERS / TEEN INNOVATION SUMMIT, a user of the Services, which may include you, or anyone else who may be harmed by such activities.
We may de-identify your information and may use, create, and sell such de-identified information without any restriction as permitted by applicable law.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE TO US
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register or express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and Services, when you participate in activities or otherwise when you contact us. Personal information is any information that identifies or can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or to identify an individual in context. If you wish to register on our Platform or use any of our Services, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information and other personal details. We collect any information you provide when you use the Service or participate in various activities related to the Platform, including, but not limited to:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, and IP address
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as log data, and information about the devices and computers you use to access the Services;
- Demographic information, such as gender and age;
- Commercial information, such as records of purchases and payment information;
- Other information you provide, such as messages on discussion boards or responses to surveys;
- Inferences drawn from any of the above, including location drawn from IP address.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the choices you make regarding the products and features you use. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: No.
We will not share your personal information with third-parties or for marketing purposes, but we may use your registered details to contact you with information relating to your account or to fulfil your requests for our products and services or in response to your enquiries.
Despite our policy against sharing your information with anyone, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
Other Users. When you share some personal information or otherwise interact with public areas of our websites, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Site or other Services through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our platform, and view your profile.
When you visit our websites, we or an authorized third party may place a cookie on your browser, which collects information, including Personal Data, about your online activities over time and across different sites. Cookies allow us to track overall usage, determine your browsing preferences and improve and customize your browsing experience.
We also use web beacons on our websites and in email communications for similar purposes. For example, we may place web beacons in marketing emails that notify us when you click on a link in the email that directs you to one of our websites.
The following summarizes the types of things we use of these technologies for:
Required We use required cookies to analyze the performance of our website by collecting information regarding error rates and latency associated with page load time.
Functional We use web beacons, other tracking technology and sets functional cookies on our website to:
- Allow us to remember information you have entered
- Monitor how our website functions and performs
- Provide users with more relevant communications
- Track the performance of our advertisements
We also contract with third-party advertising networks that collect IP addresses and other information from web beacons on our websites, from emails and on third-party websites.
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
We offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, email address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public on such social media platform.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this privacy notice or that are otherwise made clear to you on the relevant Terms of Service (link to Terms of Service). Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Our servers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information (see “WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?” above), in and other countries.
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 10 years after your account is being inactive.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- A SPECIAL NOTE ON CHILDREN
We are concerned about the safety and privacy of children who use the internet and who participate in our programs. Our Platform is not designed for or directed to individuals under the age of 13. No information should be submitted nor posted to our sites by individuals 13 years of age or under without express parental consent. In certain jurisdictions, notification, prior written permission, or other verifiable consent may be required of a parent or guardian for children from 13 to 17 years of age. If you believe your child has provided us with information without your consent, please email us at address set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
This policy is in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (also known as “COPPA”), among other applicable privacy laws, and outlines our practices regarding children’s information collected from users of the Services.
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Account Information: If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. However, we may retain some information in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with applicable legal requirements.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list — however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes.
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
- JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE, OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please send us an Email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org We will respond to your request within 30 days.
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at email@example.com.